Vacations don’t have to cost you a lot when you take advantage of the many free things to do in the area. First off, you can save a bundle when you stay in our vacation rentals in North Myrtle Beach. We often have specials going on for our different rentals so keep an eye on our website.
There are plenty of free things to do and events taking place in the area throughout the summer that are all in close proximity of our many vacation rentals in North Myrtle Beach. Here’s a short list of some:
1. The Beach. All of North Myrtle Beach’s beaches are public, free and open to everyone.
2. The Parks. Enjoy the local parks and gardens that include Vereen Memorial Park and Gardens and Warbird Park, home to several military aircraft.
3. Free Concerts. There’s a Live Concert Series on Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday Nights on the boardwalk. Bring your lawn chairs, blankets or just your companions as you sit back and enjoy the cool sounds of some of the hottest bands in the area.
4. Kid’s Carnival. Every Monday night there’s a free Kid’s Carnival on the boardwalk. Little ones can enjoy the thrill of the giant inflatable slide and work off some vacation excitement in the bounce houses. Face painters, stilt walkers and entertainers will be on hand to add to the magic of the moment.
5. Art Lovers. Visit the The Franklin G. Burroughs-Simeon B. Chapin Art Museum to see exhibits from the permanent collection of art focused on the life and people of the South Carolina low country.
6. History Buffs. Free sites include the Civil War Collection, the Hampton Plantation State Historic Site and the Hobcaw Barony Visitor Center. The South Carolina Hall of Fame is also free, with displays and information about famous South Carolinians, including Dizzy Gillespie.
7. Free movies. Catch free “Movies Under the Stars” at 9 p.m. on Wednesdays in Myrtle Beach’s Valor Memorial Garden, on Farrow Parkway, at The Market Common. Details at 839-3500 or www.marketcommonmb.com.