Things To Do If It Rains On Your Vacation
Don’t get discouraged if you’re on that much-deserved vacation to the beach and the forecast calls for rain. Most rain around these parts doesn’t last all day so just wait it out. But if you do get that gray and rainy day that seemingly lasts forever there are still plenty of things to do that don’t involve staying indoors curled up in front of the TV! On the other hand, if that’s what you really want to do, we can’t think of any better place to do it than in our Myrtle Beach vacation rentals!
With the 25 suggestions below you’ll have plenty of choices for things to do.
1. Take a drive down the coast and visit the specialty shops along Hwy 17.
2. Visit Atlantic Stage and watch a theatre production in North Myrtle Beach.
3. Play miniature golf indoors at Molten Mountain Indoor Miniature Golf.
4. When was the last time you took the family bowling!
5. Spend the day shopping at one of the enclosed malls at Coastal Grand Mall, Inlet Square, or Myrtle Beach Mall, then hang around for a leisurely dinner.
6. Go see “One. The show” at Alabama Theatre.
7. Take in a movie at The Grand 14 in Market Common.
8. Rent some fishing gear at the Garden City Pier and see if fish really do bite better in the rain.
9. Visit Ripley’s Aquarium and spend hours.
10. Power walk through one of the local malls for exercise.
11. Check out the awesome gaming center, MagiQuest, at 1185 Celebrity Circle Myrtle Beach.
12. Drive to nearby Calabash, North Carolina, and experience first hand what Calabash seafood is all about.
13. Take the kids to WonderWorks, an indoor amusement park for the mind with over 100 interactive exhibits.
14. Spend some time in the Garden City Pavilion Arcade.
15. Take in your first IMAX 3D theatre at AMC Broadway 17 in Myrtle Beach.
16. Visit Ripley’s Believe It or Not, 901 North Ocean Boulevard Myrtle Beach
17. Check out Crocodile Rocks – a dueling piano bar in Myrtle Beach – and wear your dancing shoes.
18. Drive to Little River, SC, and hop aboard the casino boats.
19. Check out the Nightmare Haunted House, 1001 N. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach.
20. Get your pictures taken at Wild West Old Time Photos, 918 N. Ocean Blvd.
21. Stop by the House of Blues, 4060 US Hwy. 17 S at Barefoot Landing, North Myrtle Beach.
22. Visit the South Carolina Hall of Fame at the Myrtle Beach Convention Center
23. Check out Wheels of Yesteryear, an impressive collection of vintage automobiles at 413 Hospitality Lane, Myrtle Beach.
23. Take a ride on the Barefoot Princess Riverboat boarding at 4932 Hwy 17 S., North Myrtle Beach.
24. Take the kids to the Children’s Museum of SC at 2501 N. Kings Hwy., Myrtle Beach.
25. And if there’s no threat of lightning, go take a walk on the beach with your umbrella and look for shells!
With so much to do in the Grand Strand area, you’ll never come up short, even when it’s raining.