Vacationers of all abilities can have a good time at Myrtle Beach while staying in Myrtle Beach SC beach rentals. Many public and private organizations in the area offer resources that endeavor to make certain the Grand Strand beaches are accessible by everyone.
There are many activities and a whole lot to do in the area and you’ll be close to it all when you stay in Myrtle Beach SC beach rentals. We hope you’ll find the following tips useful.
- Beach-traversing wheelchairs. These wheelchairs have soft wheels and are available at 22 different life guard stations in Myrtle Beach in summer (off season available at the police station). Free but limited to 1-hour use.
- Beach going wheelchairs and handicapped parking are available at the following locations: 77th Ave. N., 72nd Ave. N., 54th Ave. N., 24th Ave. N., 8th Ave. N., 5th Ave. N., 8th Ave. S. In North Myrtle Beach, go to 1st Avenue South.
- Golf cart rental. If you display your handicap parking sign on your golf cart, you can drive the cart on Grand Strand beaches (not touring the beach, just driving to a spot on the beach). Golf cart rentals are available through Jack’s, 843-249-6445.
- Beach access points. Myrtle Beach and North Myrtle Beach has 27 handicap-accessible sites. Some are pathway only (widths vary); others are free parking. ADA-compliant beach access crossover at 15th Avenue North.
- Broadway at the Beach. Miles of boardwalk over and around water for viewing and strolling. Check out the IMAX Theater for a virtual experience into many options.
- Van-access handicap parking places. See 9th Avenue South (crossing Ocean Drive). Wheelchair Getaways of South Carolina offers wheelchair-accessible van rentals.
- Miniature Golf: Dragon’s Lair Fantasy Golf at Broadway at the Beach has a wheelchair-accessible course and features a special putter for users of wheelchairs. If off-season, ask for a special seasonal discount.
- Ripley’s Aquarium. Exhibits are go-at-your-own pace, stingrays and crabs to touch, wheelchair accessible.
- Hard Rock Park. The park offers wheelchair rentals for the convenience of park guests. Wheelchairs and Electric Convenience Vehicles (ECV) are available for rent at the Rentals Office located at the front of the All Access Entry Plaza.
Give us a call if you’d like to take a look at any Myrtle Beach SC beach rentals we have available during your stay in coastal South Carolina.