The 19th Annual Myrtle Beach Marathon is taking place from March 3-5, 2016. This year the marathon weekend will be better than ever with more events added to support additional charities. At Myrtle Beach Vacation Rentals we are proud to be the providers of the most preferred accommodations for runners taking part in the marathon. Whether you’re looking for a small studio size cottage or a large home to share with others, we’re sure to have a place to stay that you’ll find to be both affordable and comfortable.
The Myrtle Beach Marathon is a flat ocean course famous for new PR’s and qualifying times for races like the Boston Marathon. This marathon started as an outlet for runners to give back. In fact, it emerged from five residents of Myrtle Beach participating in the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s “Team in Training” (TNT) program. More events were added over time, as was support for additional charities, to extend what was a one day race into a marathon weekend.
Today, each Marathon event supports one or more charities including the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of South Carolina, the Coastal South Carolina Chapter of the American Red Cross, and Horry County Schools. The Myrtle Beach Marathon is proud to have helped these organizations raise more than $3 million over the last 17 years.
Features you should know about the Myrtle Beach Marathon include:
• Our 60 miles of wide, clean, sandy beaches
• Over 2,000 dining venues from casual to fine dining
• More than 110 championship golf courses in the Grand Strand alone
• Numerous live entertainment, theaters and exciting nightlife
• Cultural activities and historic sites galore
• Unlimited outlet malls, specialty boutiques and specialty stores
• Freshwater, ocean and deep sea saltwater fishing
• Tons of exercise facilities and so much more!
Online registration for this year’s marathon ends March 1st.